The Centre for Theology & Community is based in the heart of east London. We grew out of local churches in membership of Citizens UK
We work with a growing range of churches – including long-established congregations as well as new church plants. Our partner churches are from various denominations and styles. We believe churches in deprived and diverse areas have a vital role to play in the transformation of their communities and of wider society. We equip these churches through the practices of community organising, theological reflection and prayer.
We also run the Near Neighbours programme for Eastern London – harnessing the potential of community organising to develop local leaders and build relationships of solidarity and trust across faiths and cultures.
– Read our new series on adoration and action – introducing silent prayer, exploring its impact on the way we work for justice and distinguishing it from mindfulness
– As we mourn the death of Fr Marco Lopes, here is the blog he co-wrote a year ago on the renewal of church life at St Martin’s Plaistow
– Read our Living Wage resource pack for churches and a report from the Living Wage Week service with care workers and the Bishop of London.
– Pope Francis has addressed an international conference on community organising convened by CTC
– Read our blog on how community organising discovers and develops local leaders.
– Read the Centre’s policies on safeguarding and data protection.